Supporting a variety of sensors, the RCU is a refrigerated ocean container monitoring device that communicates with OEM reefer controllers to read, monitor and remotely control reefer temperatures and humidity levels, initiate pre-trip inspections (PTIs), access data log downloads and much more.
ORBCOMM’s ReeferConnect Unit (RCU) is a proven telematics device for use with marine reefer container monitoring. The unit supports a variety of integrated and external sensors and can easily be installed permanently or temporarily as needed for trip-based refrigerated containers monitoring.
- Remote Container Management
- Reduce refrigerated container operating costs and cargo loss
- Full 2-way control
- Direct interface to reefer OEM micros
- Global cellular connectivity with GPS
- Off-power reporting
- Accelerometer and motion sensor
- Temperature and PTI monitoring and analytics
- On-board geofences